Saturday, March 5, 2011

A Kayak!

I began this blog on February 23, 2008. In that post I explained that I spend a lot of time canoeing Missouri Ozark streams. At the time, I was dreaming about a kayak as my next vessel of choice for rivers. Last Thursday - March 3, 2011, I brought home a ten foot fishing kayak, a little over three years after first posting my future hope.

It took longer than I expected to get it. At times over the last three years I came near amassing the right amount of funds to get it done, only to have some other financial need in our household put be back to square one. Sometimes I thought it would just be better to give up on the idea of owning a kayak. Now I can hardly believe that it is actually sitting out on our back porch.

Similarly, God's vision for our future rarely happens according to a time line or project plan that we would select and prefer. It would be easy at times to give up on it. When it finally arrives it may not be as we would have pictured it. Yet God's future most certainly will unfold.

I'll see you around the next bend in the river - in a kayak...finally!