Saturday, March 26, 2011

Give Me All

The journey to the cross evokes awareness of sacrifice; the complete, total sacrifice of Jesus. Followers of Jesus, committed to leading people in new life with Jesus, accept the call to give up life as we presume it should be - life as we think it would most benefit us - for something that is greater, more purposeful, and more in line with who and what God designed us to be.

C. S. Lewis said, it better than I ever could: "The Christian way is different: harder and easier. Christ says, 'Give me All. I don't want so much of your time, so much of your money, so much of your work. I want You. I have not come to torment your natural self, but to kill it. No half-measures are any good. I don't want to cut off a branch here and a branch there. I want to have the whole tree down...Hand over the whole natural self, all of the desires which you think innocent and all the ones you think wicked - the whole outfit. I will give you a new self instead. In fact, I will give you Myself: my own will shall become yours.'" (From MERE CHRISTIANITY.)

I'll see you around the next bend in the river.

No comments: