Saturday, June 1, 2013

A Tandem Bike of Faith

Knowing Jesus or seeking Jesus does not make a person immune to the crippling circumstances that can slam into us.  I sought and received permission to share the following.  I offer it for every discouraged, frightened, defeated, angered, depleted, isolated or overwhelmed child of God.

I refuse to believe that the God I love and who loves me as his child would have set me on the path I have walked for the last year(s) without intentionally leading me (while fighting all the way) in a new, unexplored direction.

I keep trying to ride and repair the same bike along the same path, at the same speed, fighting and struggling the whole way.  I kind of see Jesus leaned back on a two-seater, pointing and making suggestions, while I fight a downhill path.  He points - "Try this way!"   My voice bumps as I pick up speed,  "But that way is scary!  I've always gone this way before...(pause)...Jesus..."

"How's that workin' out for ya?"...A smirk and a wink from the Word made flesh as I start to look around for a path I haven't seen or felt brave enough to venture down before.  I have bumped all the way downhill and the bottom just fell out of "the bottom."  There is no to go but up from here.

Thank you, Jesus, for guiding me through the last two days, two weeks.  I have tried this without you, without fully trusting; letting go and giving control to you.  Help me, please.  I am a bit of a control freak, but I am not the Great I Am!

(Ellen Moore - 05.03.13)

No comments: