Friday, October 31, 2008

God's Perspective

I'll continue to be out of the loop for a while, as my wife recovers from two abdominal surgeries in the last month and a current bout with mild pancreatitis. She's still hospitalized, being fed with a central line so that the gall bladder and pancreas can relax. She's been through a lot, but her faith remains strong, she's getting stellar care, and prayer support has been heroic.

So, rather than trying to sift through my current jumbled thoughts, I thought it better to go to someone else. As a gift my wife received a great prayer book entitled Prayer: A Holy Occupation by Oswald Chambers. Here are a couple of thought provokers from that book:

"We use prayer as a last resort. Jesus wants it to be our first line of defense. We pray when there's nothing else we can do. Jesus wants us to pray before we do anything at all." (Page 7)

"When was the last time I tried to see an issue from God's perspective rather than asking Him to see it from mine?" (Page 10)

What do you think? I'll see you around the next bend in the river, though don't be surprised if it's a ways downstream.

No comments: